Posts Tagged ‘Search Engines’
When it comes to the online world chaos abounds. There are millions of websites out there and to figure out what each one does or how they relate to just about anything, can be quite difficult to manage. Think about what would happen if you needed something and couldn’t find it. For instance, what if you were in need of a new bicycle and wanted to find a store online that specializes in bikes, but couldn’t find anything. Where would you go? If you said search engines, you’re right. Without search engines there is no connectivity within the infrastructure of the web, which is why they are important in these modern times.
Finding which engine is best can be daunting, especially since there are so many out there, but the following will try to compile the top 10 search engines that you can utilize online, whether to find something or to submit your website for ultimate SEO and listings.
10. Duck Duck Go – At the number 10 spot here is the simple web engine that could. It is a site that is simple to use, and gives you simplistic results when you need them. This is not the definitive option that you’ll want to utilize in your quest, but it is one that many find to be far easier to utilize than some of the bigger ones on our list. » Read more: The Top 10 Search Engines
Many search engine require some form of sitemap to ensure all of your pages are indexed properly.
Here’s how you create a sitemap, specifically the xml type
1) Goto Free XML Sitemap Generator
2) Fill in the form and click the start button
3) Wait a little while, until it completes
4) You can now download the sitemap in many file formats, you want XML (NOT the compressed type)
5) Save the file to your computer
6) Transfer the file to location of your website and upload
7) You should now be able to access the file using via your domain name.
Something like http://www.yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml
This is the link you should use when submiting your website to the search engines.